Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an order for a lucid gt however after test driving a bmw i7 I am seriously considering canceling my order. The interior and build quality seem better than the lucid. Also the tech seems to be on par or better than the lucid. I am not sure which car to buy

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Pharmer. Does the Lucid Air being more of a drivers car than the i7 matter to you? If not then the i7 might be the better choice.

Did BMW let you drive it around enough to really get a feel of its driving dynamics, etc.?

Have you had the chance to check out an Air?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I haven't driven the I7 but did a test drive of a 7 series at the BMW auto event last year. The I7 is a lot longer than the Lucid Air. If you are inclined to go for the I7, make sure it will fit in your garage.

I prefer a smaller vehicle so the I7 is not in my list of possible cars. But if that size is okay with you, I suspect that it will be a great vehicle. BMW really knows how to make a car handle well. The Grille, while bigger than I would prefer, at least does not resemble Bugs Bunny's face.

One of the potential advantages of the BMW is its dealer network IF YOU HAVE A GOOD DEALER NEARBY. Good loaners, etc. On the other hand, there are some BMW dealerships that you want to avoid like the plague.

The I7 will be more luxurious. The Lucid will handle better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an order for a lucid gt however after test driving a bmw i7 I am seriously considering canceling my order. The interior and build quality seem better than the lucid. Also the tech seems to be on par or better than the lucid. I am not sure which car to buy
Not a good comparison. Lucid beats BMW in most every metric.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am a BMW driver and do like the way they handle. I am sure that the I7 will be a great driver's car. But in my mind, they are not comparable. The I7 is 16" longer than the Lucid. Put differently, the Lucid and the BMW 5 series (like my 530e) are about the same size.

For me, and everyone is different, the I7 is simply too big.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts