Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A black carpet option truly should be made the concept of all weather liners is silly as I was told this option buy sales person but to keep the car a everyday ride and in good shape off white carpet is crazy and light brown is silly come on guys style is nice but day to day use unless we are all going to keep this car in the garage and drive on Sundays.

Thank You !

·
Registered
172 Posts
A black carpet option truly should be made the concept of all weather liners is silly as I was told this option buy sales person but to keep the car a everyday ride and in good shape off white carpet is crazy and light brown is silly come on guys style is nice but day to day use unless we are all going to keep this car in the garage and drive on Sundays.

Thank You !
While I agree, in the scheme of things this is not a biggie. A few hundred dollars will buy nice carpets in any color you want and you can store the originals for when you resell the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for this thread

I have been the broken record on this topic

Hard to imagine what stupid pills the Lucid folks are taking to get them to decide an off white carpet is a good idea in a car that will get a ton of use

I am sure that WeatherTech will offer some great mats but that won't keep the whole carpet protected

Lucid just didn't seem to notice many of their customers will be in 4 seasons climate states

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for this thread

I have been the broken record on this topic

Hard to imagine what stupid pills the Lucid folks are taking to get them to decide an off white carpet is a good idea in a car that will get a ton of use

I am sure that WeatherTech will offer some great mats but that won't keep the whole carpet protected

Lucid just didn't seem to notice many of their customers will be in 4 seasons climate states
I’m confused because Lucid is by no means the first car company to include light floor mats and carpeting. I’m certain there will eventually be other interiors available, as well as all weather mats, but this doesn’t seem like an “oversight” so much as a decision on what to launch with.

For example, the “Mojave” interior has dark mats. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use to have white carpet in a car that was bought and used in Upper Michigan and after 2 years it still looked great. I agree that a nice carpet can withstand some, mud, ice, and snow if cleaned at least weekly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m confused because Lucid is by no means the first car company to include light floor mats and carpeting. I’m certain there will eventually be other interiors available, as well as all weather mats, but this doesn’t seem like an “oversight” so much as a decision on what to launch with.

For example, the “Mojave” interior has dark mats. 🤷‍♂️
Mojave also has black carpet but I couldn't get that in the Dream Edition.

I was willing the pay the price for the Dream Edition but the off white carpets and white back seats are not what I want for a real world use car.

·
Registered
361 Posts

Thank You !
You can buy a beige matching color carpet to place over the original. That is what I have done. The thick she can be washed any time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am glad you made it clear for every one.

Many prefer black carpet, But I prefer the off white which came with mine. I did get an extra pair of original carpets in case I needed to replace them after a while. In spite I use kohl's carpet on top of the original.

Each to his own, I guess.

·
Banned
96 Posts
I am glad you made it clear for every one.

Many prefer black carpet, But I prefer the off white which came with mine. I did get an extra pair of original carpets in case I needed to replace them after a while. In spite I use kohl's carpet on top of the original.

Each to his own, I guess.
I agree.
I currently have cream color carpets in my rocket ship. It looks fantastic. But as everyone knows everything can discolor it and then it’s downhill from there.

black is back. Lol.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Right on. I already have a Model S 357 miles/c with free supercharging. I have put in over 85,000 miles.

You need one with back massager with heat like Lucid air. Yours will be coming soon any way. How is Escondido doing?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts