Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have noticed quite a few folks from AZ in the reservation tracker, but not the least bit surprised. The state has become an EV hub.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have noticed quite a few folks from AZ in the reservation tracker, but not the least bit surprised. The state has become an EV hub.
It is amazing that Arizona has become an EV hub considering how much our legislators hate EVs. When I traveled back East I expected to see a lot fewer Priuses but to my surprise I see a much greater proportion of them in greater Phoenix than I did around DC and New Haven.

I have only seen one Lucid so far but there are tons of Teslas and Priuses.

Another sign of the times: at the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall there are stores for Tesla, Lucid (design studio) and Polestar and a floor display for the Solo. Who ever would have thought that we would see car stores in a mall?

I am anxiously awaiting my Pure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is amazing that Arizona has become an EV hub considering how much our legislators hate EVs. When I traveled back East I expected to see a lot fewer Priuses but to my surprise I see a much greater proportion of them in greater Phoenix than I did around DC and New Haven.

I have only seen one Lucid so far but there are tons of Teslas and Priuses.

Another sign of the times: at the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall there are stores for Tesla, Lucid (design studio) and Polestar and a floor display for the Solo. Who ever would have thought that we would see car stores in a mall?

I am anxiously awaiting my Pure.
I just saw an article that Arizona is fourth highest per capita on EV ownership. Can't find the article now.

·
Registered
2022 Lucid Air Touring
15 Posts
The Lucid factory is I think in Casa Grande so not surprised Lucid has a big presence in your market. We hang out in Scottsdale - I think many of us snow belt folks are soon retiring to either Scottsdale or Naples. Scottsdale Fashion Mall is one of the great retail spots in the country so any aspiring upscale brand needs a presence there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Lucid factory is I think in Casa Grande so not surprised Lucid has a big presence in your market. We hang out in Scottsdale - I think many of us snow belt folks are soon retiring to either Scottsdale or Naples. Scottsdale Fashion Mall is one of the great retail spots in the country so any aspiring upscale brand needs a presence there.
I don't think the presence of the factory in Arizona is the reason. I have found a similar result on Toyota Priuses (11th place instead of 4th butd still high):

1 - 7 of 7 Posts