Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
No invite here. However, the mention of deliveries across the country this weekend is interesting. My financial advisor got a call on November 2 that his car was in production, and he was given his VIN later last week. He received a call early this week that his car would be delivered to him in Florida tomorrow. I'm wondering if they are delivering cars in timed batches.

Unfortunately, my advisor can't take delivery this weekend. He lives in Albany, New York but wanted the car delivered to his Florida vacation home where he intends to garage it. He was not given enough notice to get down here for this weekend, so he will be taking delivery one week later on November 20.

I have been told my car (Zenith Red) is finally in production but that the VIN has not yet been assigned to it.
Awesome! I'm so glad you're finally there!

I get the impression all Dream owners will be given something to sign...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm confused. A video was posted that was taken at a Delivery Event today at the Lucid Design Studio in West Palm Beach, FL, very similar to the October 30 event in Case Grande.

I live in Florida, and my Delivery Advisor told me that my delivery would have to be to my home as Florida has not yet issued a dealer license to Lucid. I asked whether there was any way I could go to Miami or West Palm to pick up the car at a Studio, thinking that there would be someone on hand to orient us to the car and its controls. She said that was not an option but that I would be given an orientation to the car at my home.

Yet this video seems to show Airs being delivered at a Design Studio. (I've been to that Studio, and that is definitely where this event occurred):

I continue to be baffled by how much contradictory information comes from the Sales and Delivery teams at Lucid.
No Zenith Red

I take it they are all Dream Editions.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Illinois requires front license plates, but I see that none of the cars delivered in Chicago have front plates. As none of the cars at any Delivery Event so far have front license plates, I asked my Delivery Advisor whether all the Dream customers were opting out of them. She said it was a "mixed bag". I assume that means the front holder won't be installed until after delivery for those who want it?
Living in Indiana I'd be peeved beyond belief if they put one on. Is it on configurator?

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you opt out in a state where it is required, they make you sign a waiver. I doubt they would install one on states that don't have the requirement.

It's part of the paperwork package you sign to for the final purchase agreement.
I don't know if the statement was accurate but someone stated that the crash test rating was with the holder, so you had to waive it regardless. Can this be confirmed?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I take it no one beyond the recipient of the car is being invited to these events?

I was just going to say the same thing. No way they're delivering 3 GTs (including a zenith red) before all the Dreams are delivered. That would be a very poor business decision...
I'd say! Let's just hope they ordered AGT wheels. Maybe, the test drive cars?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know of only three people from California took their delivery, rest of them may be from other states. One from Florida did not take delivery because of wedding in the family. I also know from Philadelphia, NJ and Atlanta took their delivery.
You mean 10/30 event? The NJ and Atlanta chose shipping rather driving back because of their work restrictions, I think.
I am planning on taking delivery at the Millbrae, CA location and driving back to Indiana. My salesperson is telling me I HAVE TO register in California and pay California taxes and then register in Indiana when I get back home, thus paying taxes twice. I have spoken to two people in auto sales and they are telling me I should be able to register in Indiana at delivery. I want to confirm this is what they had to do if they live out of California. With all the online purchases I can't imagine I'd have to register in a state I don't live in, is that even legal?

·
Registered
288 Posts
When I used to live in Chicago and bought cars there, the dealers registered my cars to my Florida home whenever I requested. Of course, there was so much cross-residency between Chicago and Florida that the business offices at the dealers were set up for it.

It may be that Lucid has to have a dealer license in Indiana to register a car in Indiana. In any case, if you are just transferring the title to another state for a car you already own, you shouldn't have to pay sales tax a second time. Twice I re-registered existing Illinois cars to my Florida residence, and no sales tax was imposed. The issue might be more that California sales tax might be higher than Indiana sales tax.

Maybe the Indiana DMV can walk you through what is involved in this situation?
I am going to drop by the BMV and talk to a manager. Thanks!!! The car will have 2,500 miles on it by time we get there :LOL: We are going to hit Napa and Sonoma before we start the trip back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just got a call from my financial advisor whose black Dream Performance was delivered in the last hour in Orlando. He had never seen the car in the metal and was blown away by how beautiful it is, inside and out. He hasn't taken it on the road yet but is going to call again after he does.

He said a well-informed Lucid attendant arrived with the transport driver to orient him to the car. Here are a few bits of information about the experience:

- They could not get the driver profile set up. The attendant said the problem was at Lucid's end and not in the car, and he is going to call in a couple of hours with further information/assistance.

- Most of the ADAS functions are not yet active.

- The first production batch contained only black, white, and gold cars. Red cars are being produced in the second batch which is "2-3 weeks out".

- When pre-delivery information was being collected, he was asked if he wanted vanity plates, which Lucid will arrange.

- He and his wife are very short, and he found that reaching the front door armrest to close the door without hitting his head on the roof rail was tricky. He hasn't yet tried the back seat. When the attendant calls back about setting the driver profile, he's going to ask him if he's heard anything to substantiate the rumor that the cars have the motors installed for power door operation which will be activated later.
I'm going to have a problem regardless, I'm currently driving a Toyota Tundra. You can practically get in standing up, :LOL:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts