Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
No invite here. However, the mention of deliveries across the country this weekend is interesting. My financial advisor got a call on November 2 that his car was in production, and he was given his VIN later last week. He received a call early this week that his car would be delivered to him in Florida tomorrow. I'm wondering if they are delivering cars in timed batches.

Unfortunately, my advisor can't take delivery this weekend. He lives in Albany, New York but wanted the car delivered to his Florida vacation home where he intends to garage it. He was not given enough notice to get down here for this weekend, so he will be taking delivery one week later on November 20.

I have been told my car (Zenith Red) is finally in production but that the VIN has not yet been assigned to it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No invite here. However, the mention of deliveries across the country this weekend is interesting. My financial advisor got a call on November 2 that his car was in production, and he was given his VIN later last week. He received a call early this week that his car would be delivered to him in Florida tomorrow. I'm wondering if they are delivering cars in timed batches.

Unfortunately, my advisor can't take delivery this weekend. He lives in Albany, New York but wanted the car delivered to his Florida vacation home where he intends to garage it. He was not given enough notice to get down here for this weekend, so he will be taking delivery one week later on November 20.

I have been told my car (Zenith Red) is finally in production but that the VIN has not yet been assigned to it.
Congrats now you got confirmation! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
305 Posts
great to hear that your Dream is in production!
Just to clarify . . . I didn't get a call. I found this out when I called. My Delivery Advisor stressed that the car was in "the early stages of production", whatever that means. I'm not going to get too excited until I get the VIN, which my financial advisor got just over a week before his scheduled delivery date.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats! Take lots of pics of the Zenith red in different light. I am probably going that direction. I’ve had way to many grey, white and dark blue cars over the last 15 years

·
Registered
288 Posts

Awesome! I'm so glad you're finally there!

I get the impression all Dream owners will be given something to sign...

·
Registered
305 Posts
No invite was sent, at least not in that format. I'll post some pics from the event if I'm allowed. Was told I would have to sign some waivers when I get there.
Congratulations on getting your car tomorrow! Short of violating any NDA, I hope you're willing to weather our barrage of questions about the car.

Were you told anything about the waivers? My Delivery Advisor told me that I would have to sign some papers when I get the VIN, but she didn't specify what. I know that Lucid is requiring a waiver to take delivery of a car without the front license plate holder. Did you by any chance ask not to have the front holder mounted on your car?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm confused. A video was posted that was taken at a Delivery Event today at the Lucid Design Studio in West Palm Beach, FL, very similar to the October 30 event in Case Grande.

I live in Florida, and my Delivery Advisor told me that my delivery would have to be to my home as Florida has not yet issued a dealer license to Lucid. I asked whether there was any way I could go to Miami or West Palm to pick up the car at a Studio, thinking that there would be someone on hand to orient us to the car and its controls. She said that was not an option but that I would be given an orientation to the car at my home.

Yet this video seems to show Airs being delivered at a Design Studio. (I've been to that Studio, and that is definitely where this event occurred):

I continue to be baffled by how much contradictory information comes from the Sales and Delivery teams at Lucid.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts