Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I confirmed my GT order earlier this week. I was told that locking in my confirmation put the car into the production line.
Don't believe it.

I was told the same thing about my Dream Edition when I locked in my confirmation at 8:00 a.m. on September 21 with my Delivery Advisor after confirming my order the day before within two hours of receiving the email notice to confirm. I was told I was among the very first to confirm and that the cars would be scheduled for production in the order in which the Delivery Advisor received the confirmation.

That was 7 weeks ago, and I have heard nothing since about a production date for my car, although a friend who reserved the same car (Dream Performance w/ 21" wheels) received a call last Tuesday to tell him his car was entering production and would be delivered by the end of this month. He confirmed his order with his Delivery Advisor 3 days after I did (and reserved his Dream 15 months after I did.)

I called my Delivery Advisor and, as of Friday evening, November 5, she said she still had no word on when my car would enter the production queue.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm pretty sure "production queue" is not actual production but the planning phase. When I received my VIN it was when they actually started production.
I used the term deliberately. I know my car is not in production. My Delivery Advisor, however, can't even tell me where I stand relative to other reservation holders, although both my sales rep and the advisor had told me on several occasions that reservation date and then order confirmation date were determinative for place in queue and that I was among the early customers by both criteria. Those are easy dates to pin down. My reservation was on September 22, 2018. My order confirmation date was September 20, 2021 (at 2:12 p.m. PDT), and my confirmation call with my Delivery Advisor in which I provided all the registration information was September 21, 2021 (at 8:00 a.m. PDT).

Could you tell me what date you reserved and when you gave your registration information to your Delivery Advisor?

As I've posted earlier, a friend who reserved 15 months after me and confirmed his order 3 days after me has already gotten a call to tell him he will get his VIN this week and his car before the end of the month. His car is identical to mine in all but color, and both are slated for delivery to south Florida. Yet I'm told my car isn't yet in queue for production, based on "multiple factors" that I'm now told determine place in queue -- although no one will tell me what those factors are.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I reserved mine in June 2018. Confirmed Order September 20 and also spoke with the delivery advisor same day on September 20.

I will be receiving my vehicle this weekend apparently.
Thanks and congratulations. Can you tell us which version (P or R), wheels, and color?

·
Registered
411 Posts
The person who posts here as "Dreamed" was at the October 30 Delivery Event but lives on the East Coast and shipped her car there from California.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry, it may be the "Lucid Owners" forum on which she posts. She is the President of the Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club, so you may be able to locate her that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts