Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Newport Beach, CA. I ordered GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe, 19" on March 9, 2022. Looking forward to receiving my vehicle sometime this summer (I hope) at Costa Mesa service location.

·
Registered
243 Posts
What is a smart charger?
Hey @Signgirl! A smart charger allows you to manage your charging wirelessly so you can optimize charging and cost. For example setting your charger so that it starts at night.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Leaf does too. But currently the Air does not have timed charging, but that should be rectified in a software update.
My L2 charger also has the option to schedule charging times, so if the Air won't let me do it I'll have to dig out the manual for the charger. I'm pretty sure I have a wifi based app for setting the schedule on the charger. Nevertheless it would still be more convenient to have the Air control the charging schedule.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’m surprised that this wasn’t there at launch. It seems like something standard that the other luxury EVs can do
Yes. Timed charging is a BIG deal, especially here in CA where it can be 65 cents /kW in the early evening but only 9 cents if I can charge between midnight and 6 am. I don’t plan on being awake at midnight just to plug the car in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes. Timed charging is a BIG deal, especially here in CA where it can be 65 cents /kW in the early evening but only 9 cents if I can charge between midnight and 6 am. I don’t plan on being awake at midnight just to plug the car in.
Agreed, timed charging should be a standard feature in EVs, especially ones in the price bracket Lucid is in. Charging in off hours is the best way to go for everyone.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I'm in Newport Beach, CA. I ordered GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe, 19" on March 9, 2022. Looking forward to receiving my vehicle sometime this summer (I hope) at Costa Mesa service location.
Hi,
I am in St Petersburg, FL. I just ordered the exact same car as you on April 30. I would assume that you will get yours a couple months before I do. I will be really curious as to accuracy of the delivery estimate as well as the build quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts