Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has taken delivery of their GT with 20" wheels yet. The order page no longer says available Q4, so I'm hoping they're beginning to start building/delivering them soon.

· Registered
17 Posts
I placed the order just before the price increase. It was (so they said) about 2 -3 months to delivery point (Milbrae Ca), it is now expected here within 4 weeks (?) That was confirmed yesterday.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's very interesting! I did pretty much the same thing, except I didn't confirm until 7/15. My delivery will more than likely be Tysons Corner, VA. Did they quote you 4 weeks, or is that just your best guess?

· Registered
17 Posts
They estimated a week- to 10 days for final completion and a another to get the vehicle here in northern California. They are never accurate. If you ordered 20 inch wheels you get them. Are you thinking that wheels are delaying your vehicle, call your delivery guy and ask, but keep in mind no vin no car yet, only parts ordered. Or so they say. Good luck I hope we both have no real issues with our Lucid.
Cheers
Ric

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They estimated a week- to 10 days for final completion and a another to get the vehicle here in northern California. They are never accurate. If you ordered 20 inch wheels you get them. Are you thinking that wheels are delaying your vehicle, call your delivery guy and ask, but keep in mind no vin no car yet, only parts ordered. Or so they say. Good luck I hope we both have no real issues with our Lucid.
Cheers
Ric
Hey Ric
Any update on your car?

Today I got a call from my Delivery Advisor saying that my VIN will be coming any day. Said the car most definitely will be produced before the end of November, and scheduled for delivery in December. December 15 will be be exactly 5 months since order confirmation.🤞

· Registered
17 Posts
I received a vin with a 2 week delivery date of the 28th of last month. It got delayed due to, they claim, an increase in production and not enough transporters (contract subs), so now another two weeks so I should have it by the 11th. I will however not be surprised if they miss that target. My order was placed May 24th.
I will admit I now have had some reservations about the car. I own a collision center we do a lot of Teslas, they had growing pains and thats to be expected but Lucid seems to me to lack organization and leadership. Why are they talking about SUV's and new models when they can't deliver in a timely manner? Several top execs have left, certainly a concern.
Good luck to us all, I guess.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too share your concern. I was an earlier adopter of Tesla, and in the beginning for me (2015) they were awesome. Treated their customers like gold. I recently had my latest Tesla serviced, and had the worst possible experience. I get better customer service from our Subaru dealer than from Tesla. They have a serious problem, and I'm prepared to jump ship. I definitely have my concerns with Lucid's viability, but most traditional dealerships are gouging their customers on new sales tacking on premiums. No where else to turn, and love the looks of the Lucid. 🤞

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Ric,

I tried taking this offline, but apparently I can't start a private conversation...
What did you wind up doing, if you don't mind my asking?
My car just cleared PDI in Chicago this morning, and I'm scheduled to pick it up on 12/16. My hangup right now is selling my Tesla. I took it to CarMax yesterday, and they lowballed their offer $20K below KBB. Not sure given all the uncertainty it's worth taking this kind of hit...

· Registered
4 Posts
Our vehicle had serious issues at PDI at the plant and is likely still there. I am now on my 3rd vin but the car is a 2023. It should be here in the SF Bay Area monday and delivery wed-tour of this week. Fingers crossed. What is year & milage of the Tesla?, I would suggest you sell to private party.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bummer it's taken this long for you. Not sure if you saw my question about multiple VINs, but I'm on my second. Still don't know why. Did you get any explanation? My DA managed to get guys in Chicago to send pics of my car. It's really gorgeous!
Tesla is 2018 100D with 36K miles. I put it on the Tesla forum yesterday, probably should have done it a while back since I need the $$ for the new car. I've gotten a few inquiries, but I've done this route before with no serious offers. Oh well...
Best of luck with your delivery!

· Registered
17 Posts
I got a copy of a new post you did but it is not here (??) Yes I am paying the same amount for destination and doc fee, everyday charges them and I doubt they will let anyone do a self registration as they fear you may be re-selling, just like they don't allow brokers to get any Lucids. I think(?) No real explanation which adds greatly to the frustration, they really need to examine this nonsense. Full transparency and most people would be understanding. I should have vin 3 this week, I hope, and it best be perfect or I'll reject it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts