Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

As someone who has been running a beta build of 1.1.6 for a week now I thought I'd share some thoughts and observations. This is the build (or a version of it) that should ship this month that enables Dream Drive. My previous build before this was 1.0.8

• The UI feels WAY faster. Moving between the main screen and AC menu for example is much smoother.
  • Bootup is faster but still too long.
  • So many bug fixes here. My massage seats used to always time out after a few minutes, this fixed that.
  • When you get close to an object it now tells you how many inches away you are depending on what camera pops up (front or rear). I love this. Makes parking easier.
  • Reads speed limits very well and is constantly updating. When you exceed the posted limit the speed limit sign on the dash will turn red
  • Adaptive cruise works very well and is easy to set and adjust.
  • My audible books (or music) no longer autoplay when BT connects. HOORAY!
  • Nav now gives you the ability to download state maps for offline use. But still no ability to mute the guidance lady.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but this build is very solid and refined. If this was the shipping software I received with my car I would be happy. They are getting it together and doing it quickly. The future is bright.

If you have a particular question, feel free to ask.

j

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the writeup. The feature I don't think I like is the speed turning to red when one exceeds the speed limit. I have that on my current ride and I hate it. Out here, everyone drives faster than the speed limit but given stop signs, traffic, red lights, etc. the color is constantly changing back and forth. Please tell me we can turn off that feature!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the writeup. The feature I don't think I like is the speed turning to red when one exceeds the speed limit. I have that on my current ride and I hate it. Out here, everyone drives faster than the speed limit but given stop signs, traffic, red lights, etc. the color is constantly changing back and forth. Please tell me we can turn off that feature!
It's not very distracting to me, but that's a personal thing. I believe the speed limit reading is either on or off.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Thanks. This is a preference for me, not a killer issue (e.g., on a Tesla 3 or Y, the lack of a display or HUD in front of the driver is a killer issue to me...that alone is a reason not to buy the car).
True, I have a Model 3 as a loaner, and having to constantly look down and right to even see the speed I'm going is distracting. I hate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. This is a preference for me, not a killer issue (e.g., on a Tesla 3 or Y, the lack of a display or HUD in front of the driver is a killer issue to me...that alone is a reason not to buy the car).
My other cars have HUDs and I do like them. Not having one on the DE seems like a step backward but not a deal-breaker for me.

I would like the see a good HUD with infrared night vision ala Cadillac in a future Lucid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey All,

As someone who has been running a beta build of 1.1.6 for a week now I thought I'd share some thoughts and observations. This is the build (or a version of it) that should ship this month that enables Dream Drive. My previous build before this was 1.0.8

• The UI feels WAY faster. Moving between the main screen and AC menu for example is much smoother.
  • So many bug fixes here. My massage seats used to always time out after a few minutes, this fixed that.
  • When you get close to an object it now tells you how many inches away you are depending on what camera pops up (front or rear). I love this. Makes parking easier.
  • Reads speed limits very well and is constantly updating. When you exceed the posted limit the speed limit sign on the dash will turn red
  • Nav now gives you the ability to download state maps for offline use. But still no ability to mute the guidance lady.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but this build is very solid and refined. If this was the shipping software I received with my car I would be happy. They are getting it together and doing it quickly. The future is bright.

j
Can Alexa make phone calls in 1.1.6?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey All,

j
I started using the NAV today. It wouldn't tell me the right exit to get off the freeway at....it would just tell me the street i needed to get to (but not the exit).....anyone else experiencing this?

·
Banned
182 Posts
I tested it again, Alexa navigate to Walmart in Rosemead. I found 3 Walmarts...Navigate to the first one..here's your route.

Everytime I've used Alexa to navigate some place it's worked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tested it again, Alexa navigate to Walmart in Rosemead. I found 3 Walmarts...Navigate to the first one..here's your route.

Everytime I've used Alexa to navigate some place it's worked.
I have found errors in the maps that shouldn't be there. My sub-division is over 10 years old and the NAV system told me to turn twice where there was no street. I have had the screen show the name of a street that was different from the voice prompt.

My GM and Ford maps seem to always be out of date but their NAV systems are better.

I use Android Auto and Google maps in my other cars and when/if that is available in the Lucid then that would solve the NAV issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts